I’ve always procrastinated about organizing my office, and it’s even worse when you move to a NEW office and have to set it up from scratch.
Two weeks ago, we moved to a new house. Yay, right? Uh…no.
It was an utterly exhausting process, physically, emotionally and spiritually. By the time we got to the new house, all I cared about was three things:
- Did we have a place to sleep?
- Could we take showers?
- Could we cook meals?
That’s how tired we were! And it’s taken two weeks to simply set up the basics and recover from our long, arduous journey to our new home and new home offices. (Let’s just say that napping and ice cream became crucial pieces of our recovery process!)
Today I created an “accountability day” for myself, to set up my desk, unpack all my office boxes, organize my supply closets, and figure out how to make my office as efficient and pleasant as possible.
I hate doing this sort of thing alone, so I’m enlisting all of you, my friends on Twitter and Facebook, to hold me accountable.
Friday, July 17 is Clean Your Desk Before It Rebels accountability day. Want to join me?
We’ll have great conversation and encourage each other to tackle whichever part of your office that needs the most attention (you decide).
Plus, it’s a free Accountability Day. So you have no excuses! Let’s make our offices the perfect place to work and be creative!
Here’s what I propose:
- Pledge to clean your desk, declutter your office, file your paperwork on Friday, July 17. (If you can’t do it that day, pick another day close to that date so you can join in on the fun!)
- Choose a time you will begin and a time you will end. Setting clear goals will help you to focus.
- If you’re on Facebook or Twitter, friend/follow me, so we can share our photos and progress reports with each other.
On July 17:
- Post your “before” photo on Facebook or Twitter. Don’t be shy or embarrassed by your “before” photo of your office…we’re all in this together. (Wait to you see my disaster area! Whew!) Either post your “before” photo on your own Timeline or on the Accountability Day Event Page on Facebook.
- Post a note to me on Facebook or Twitter so I can follow your activity on our Accountability Day. (Or just post your photos and updates on the Accountability Day Event Page on Facebook so everyone can see your progress!)
- Every 30 minutes or so during your day, post a tweet or message about your status: How are you doing? What have you gotten done so far? Where are you stuck?
- Post photos along the way so we can all celebrate and cheer you on!
C’mon, join in! It’s a wonderful opportunity to tackle a project and get it done with a little support from your friends!
13 Responses to “Clean Your Desk Before It Rebels – Accountability Day”
Category: Running a Strong & Efficient Business
Tags: accountability , cydbir