Grow a Thriving, Successful Practice
Here's a unique one-on-one mentoring program exclusively for people who sell services to small business owners and solo entrepreneurs.
Do You Need to Increase Revenue and Reach?
When you first begin as a small business consultant — whether you're a strategy consultant, copywriter, marketing expert, or website designer — the focus is on getting your first few small business clients and building a profitable business.
But as you look toward the future, the challenge is how to take your business to the next level, how to increase your income and get known for your work, without feeling stressed and overwhelmed.
Whether you're just starting out or you've been in business several years, your primary focus is on creating a business and marketing model that will build your business in an efficient and effective way.
Here are some of the frustrations small business consultants talk to me about:
- Business Growth ― Grow your consulting practice, increasing revenues annually and serving more clients. It's about creating steady and sustainable revenue streams and serving a larger audience.
- Business Model Strategy ― Have a crystal clear vision of your business model, for today and for the future.
- Getting Things Done ― Be more efficient in running your consulting business, both when working with clients and in the back-office administration, so you can reduce stress, and allow things to flow naturally.
Tap Into the Flow of Clients
Did you know that in the USA over 500,000 people start their own business each month? There are over 25 million small business owners with less than 9 employees who need help with business strategy, marketing, website design, organizing their bookkeeping, and so much more. And they desperately need your help...if you know how to tap into this marketplace and sell to the small business owner.
Small business consultants and coaches have come to me over the past 17 years, asking for mentoring and guidance about building their own small business consulting practice. I've created this program for people like you who want mentoring with a seasoned small business consultant, and the special dynamic and wisdom-sharing that private mentoring provides.
Welcome to the Compass Master Program
Whether you call yourself a coach, consultant, designer or service professional, if you are serious about assisting self-employed small business owners and solo entrepreneurs, then this program is for you.
This is not a training class, it's a private one-on-one mentoring program, customized to what you need to work, so you can learn exactly the skills you need and brainstorm solutions to current challenges — either in your own business or challenges that your clients are presenting to you.
This unique mentoring program is for small business consultants who serve solo entrepreneurs and small business owners. What you learn in this mentoring program you will use immediately in your own business development and in serving your clients.
Do you work directly with the business owner and help entrepreneurs get the results they seek? Then this Program is for you!
What Is a "Consultant?"
If you sell services to and work directly with the small business owner, then your clients think of you as a "consultant." Whether you mentor your clients or do the work for them, your professional services business is a consulting business. These include people who focus on:
- Business Strategy
- Website Design
- Internet Marketing
- Project and Time Management
- Business Startups
- Marketing Strategy
- Graphic Design
- Coaching and personal performance
- ...and so many more! There are over 40 areas where consultants specialize.
Is My Business Big Enough to Join the Compass Master Program?
- If you're in your first year or two of business, the Compass Master Program will help you think about what you have to do next to build your business and serve your clients.
- If you're a more seasoned service professional, the Compass Master Program will help you think about the future of your business and how to get to the next level.
What Clients Say...
I am a coach and have worked with Karyn on several occasions. Her approach has always been one of looking at market conditions for businesses, designing great curriculum and classes, and successfully training others to succeed. She is uniquely gifted in helping her students and clients recognize and deal with circumstances, plan realistic goals and reach their full potential. I would recommend Karyn to anyone who is serious about growing personally and professionally.
—Ken Abrams, MCC
TOPcoach International, LLC
Highly Personalized Attention
You can't get personalized attention if you're in a group program with 100 other members. That's why I've created this one-on-one private mentoring program.
In each meeting you will have time to talk about YOUR situation and get answers to YOUR questions.
Common Topics That Come Up
Here are some topics that have come up recently for Compass Master Program participants, so you can get a sense of the breadth of our discussions and mentoring:
How Can I Build and Run My Business More Effectively?
Sometimes running your own business can feel daunting, and the stress makes you wonder why you wanted to own your own business in the first place. But it doesn't have to be that way! Recently, Compass Master Program participants have discussed:
- Choose which type of small business owner you want to work with
- Determine your areas of expertise and niche
- Identify your mission and vision for your business
- Design your business model
- Package and price the services you offer
- Determine your expense and profit models
- Choose core marketing techniques and design your marketing plan
- Brand your business with words, graphics and your core message
- Assess your competition and how to be remarkable in a crowded marketplace
- Develop your pipeline and nurture leads
- Create a sales process and sales script
- Systematize your business and get organized
- Get productive: Manage your time, deal with overwhelm and get into action
- Create strategies for leveraging your time and increasing income
- Hiring, working with, and firing staff and sub-contractors
How Can I Better Help My Clients?
By building your own skill set, you impress your prospects and clients, thereby becoming more valuable to them. Compass Master Program participants have recently asked about:
- Define the client's core problems and goals
- Brainstorm solutions and consensus building
- Help clients develop/redefine their business model
- Assist clients with big picture thinking
- Design marketing plans, launch plans, and campaign calendars
- Help clients stay focused and on track with projects
- Know when to educate, when to coach and when to give advice
- Manage the client relationship/expectations
What Clients Say...
My business coach, Karyn Greenstreet, was a pivotal point in my career. It was her faith in me and a clear intention to help me ride the big wave, that gave me the clarity to figure out what I really wanted to do, and find the passion to forge ahead with my vision.
We had a one-on-one, full day intensive Integrated Marketing and Business Planning session. Karyn gave me her undivided attention as she wanted to make sure I'd be on my path to success and well prepared before my Grand Opening. Needless to say, 'she did good' as here I am, and she continues to be my business coach. Thank you Karyn!
Vision For Success
Why Learn With Me?
I've been a consultant to small business owners for 17 years — and I have made all the mistakes a consultant can make! I can teach you what to do, and what not to do, and shortcut your learning curve tremendously. I've made an investment in years of study and hands-on experience...let me share that with you.
I taught my first business building class to a group of entrepreneurs in 1996. I have designed the Compass Master Program based on my years as a small business coach, consultant and trainer, and my 31 years as a small business owner.
- I have owned five businesses and sold three of them.
- I have served clients in 48 industries, and I bring that world of knowledge directly to you.
- I have taught over 260,000 students the business and personal growth skills they need in order to start, grow and streamline their businesses.
- I run a School for the Self Employed, working with students from across the globe.
- I have written over 40 business development classes.
- I have written five ebooks and designed eight audio programs.
With all this skill and experience, I know quite a few shortcuts — ways to help you acquire skill and grow your own consulting business.
What's Included in the Compass Master Program
Start with a 90 Minute VIP One-on-One Kickoff Intensive
To kick off the program, you and I will talk privately for 90 minutes via phone or Skype, to determine your goals for the program and gain clarity on your business focus and challenges, choosing the topics to cover, and the order in which you will learn them.
You will get exactly what you need without wasting time on topics you are already an expert in, topics you aren't ready to tackle yet, or topics you simply don't need because they don't pertain to your specific business model.
Follow Up with Biweekly Mentoring Calls
- Six 45-minute private mentoring phone sessions, biweekly. This is for brainstorming and problem solving — a real Think Tank for your consulting business where I mentor you directly!
- During each call, we will determine your Action Plan, based on what we discussed and what is most important to help you create a thriving business.
- All calls recorded so that you can review the material repeatedly to gain depth and clarity.
Is This The Right Mentoring Program For You?
This program is designed for serious, motivated, achieving people who want to become better small business consultants. If you are completely committed to building the best consulting practice you can, if you are wholeheartedly devoted to building the skill set to serve your clients to your highest ability, then this program is for you.
If you want to "dabble" in coaching and consulting, if you're not sure you want to run your own consulting business, if you aren't ready to work hard to build your skills and grow your consulting practice, this program is definitely not for you.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This program is not for business consultants who want to market to mid- and large-sized corporations where there is a gatekeeper between you and the sale. This program is for consultants who want to work directly with the business owner as their client.
I Expect a Lot from My Mentoring Participants:
- You will show up to each session ready to work hard, think hard, and dream big.
- You will work on your Action Items and submit them to me before your next session.
- You will ask questions if you don't completely understand something and need clarification or examples.
- You will tell me if you want in-depth information about a topic, or if you simply need a summary.
- You are ready to design a consulting business that meets both your personal and professional goals.
Each 3-month Compass Master Program Includes:
- a 90 minute one-on-one VIP kickoff session via telephone or Skype
- Six biweekly mentoring calls
- A total of 6 hours of phone mentoring
- Unlimited access to me via emails for short discussions between phone calls
Full Day Compass Master Program Intensives Available
If you prefer, you can shortcut the process and choose a full-day Compass Master Program Intensive in my office in eastern Pennsylvania (90 minutes from New York City and Philadelphia) instead of completing it as a 3-month program.
The full day Intensive is 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Compass Master Program investment is $2,250, whether you choose the 3-month program or the full-day intensive. Payment plans are available.
This program is only for serious small business consultants who want to grow their business and know they need to invest both time and money to do so.
Want to learn how I can help you grow your business? Let's talk.
I offer a free initial 30-minute telephone conversation for prospective Compass Master Program clients to see if we're a good fit.
We'll talk about your unique business situation and determine how the Compass Master Program can help you grow and manage your business.
Call today to schedule:
(610) 381-4332 or click here to send email.
What Clients Say...
After struggling for two years trying to develop a growth plan for my Professional Organizing business, I hired Karyn as my small business coach. It wasn't always an easy process, but now - three months later, I have a very solid plan and more importantly vision for myself and my business. Through the process Karyn balanced support with direction and the ever-present thought provoking question.
With her wealth of knowledge and her depth of experience there was never a business question I had that she didn't have an answer to. Thank You, Karyn.
Ellen Faye Organization
by Karyn Greenstreet