On the path to business reinvention, there is one powerful question to ask yourself that never fails to generate great ideas (or freak you out completely):
If you could recreate your business all over again, what would you do differently?
Imagine for a moment that you were going to create the same (or at least similar) business you already have, but that you had to do it all over again from scratch.
- What would you do differently this time around?
- Would you pick the same target audience?
- Would you sell the same products and services?
- Which marketing techniques would you keep and which would you dump?
- Who would you want to join you on this journey?
- Would you work the same hours?
- Would you be in the same physical location?
- Would you have the same financial model?
Here’s the best part about business model reinvention: you get to choose to change or keep every aspect of your business and marketing model, based on the years of experience and the vast knowledge you already have about running a business.
So, what would you do differently and what would you keep exactly the same?