Does this sound familiar?
- You’re feeling restless. You yearn for “something new” for your business, but you’re not sure what that something is yet.
- You know you have untapped potential in your, and you’re ready to tap it — big time.
- You’re thinking, “My business model isn’t working for me anymore. What’s next for me and my business?”
- You’re frustrated, because you’re ready to take action, if only you knew what the right action was to take.
- You can feel change is coming — you just know it — and you’re excited about it. And maybe just a little scared.
- You need a crystal clear vision for the future of your business. (Oh, and an action plan for implementing it would be nice, too.)
- You’ve run a successful business before, but your goals and values have changed, and you need a business model that mirrors those changes.
- You have bits & pieces of the picture for your new business model, but not a complete picture. You need to put the pieces together, but in an entirely different way than your current business model.
- You want to grow personally and professionally and you want to design a business that will challenge you and help you grow.
Business redesign is a journey of discovery.
Business redesign isn’t about tweaking one marketing technique or hiring one employee. It’s about rethinking your whole business model.
- Maybe you’ll serve a whole new audience with your existing products and services.
- Maybe you’ll stop offering a specific services and begin offering a new, better one.
- Maybe you’ll bring on more staff, or outsource more, or reduce staffing.
- Maybe you’ll change your pricing, revenue and expense models.
- Maybe you’ll take advantage of new technology to make big shifts.
This is not just about a minor face lift – it’s about rethinking your business model and strategically choosing the future direction of your business with complete clarity of purpose and a strong action plan.
When you redesign and transform your business model, you are an explorer in a new territory. In this series of Business Redesign blog posts, I talk about the different phases of this business reinvention journey, but in essence the journey begins with exploring two important pieces: You, and Your Business Goals.
Transform your business with a step-by-step process.
Business redesign isn’t about throwing the whole thing away and starting from scratch (though you can, if you really want to). You take all your knowledge and experience and assets with you on this journey. Read What Does Business Redesign Really Mean? to get a better idea of my definition — it may help some of the pieces fall in place for you.
Many people have been on the reinvention journey before you and there’s a process to transforming your business. In the blog series, I’ll share the milestones and roadblocks I’ve discovered on my own journey, as well as Redesign Stories from others, so that you can learn from my experience and the experiences of other small biz owners just like you.
In the final analysis, it’s about having a roadmap and a compass to help you on your journey to business reinvention.