I’m watching a series of Tony Robbins videos on YouTube, and he asked a great question:
“If you could achieve a goal that would really, really excite you… that would bring you a full sense of joy, ecstasty, personal achievement…that would bring you to the heights of creativity and the depths of your spirituality…would create more love and security in your life…what would it be?”
What he’s getting at, which we all know (but sometimes forget), is that our goals are always tied to some emotion we want more of in our lives. But I found when I was setting my business goals for this year, I was ignoring the emotion that would also be achieved, and therefore my goal list wasn’t as interesting to me as I thought it should be.
In fact, it bored me.
So I turned it around, and asked: What emotions would I like to have more of this year?
Bing, bang, zoom!
All of a sudden, I knew the business goals that would excite me, the goals I wanted to reach, because I went underneath them to see that what I really wanted MORE of this year was:
- A sense of personal achievement…that I had done better than my best…that I had grown as a person, tapped a higher level of my potential
- A feeling that I was really, truly helping people achieve the business dreams and goals they have…both from the motivational aspect AND from the practical “how to” aspect
- A feeling of empowerment…both for myself and for the people I come in contact with…that I was surrounded by a “Yes, you can do it!” energy that I shared with others daily
- A sense of touching the greatness of the world we live in…spiritually, physically, emotionally, humanly
- A feeling of being acknolwedged for my contributions to the world…yes, I need applause 🙂
- A sense that I’m breaking out of my own self-made traps and creating true freedom of thought and action
Now, when I write my business goals for this year, they’re coming much more quickly, more fluidly.
How cool is that?