Every teacher, mentor and guru promises to help you get big profits.
Let me short-cut the secret for you:
- Take your talent and add a dash of passion for owning your own business.
- Then practice your talent and your business skills, over and over again, until you gain mastery of both.
- Create a smart plan for growth and then take consistent action to implement the plan.
- If you have an area where you’re weak, learn how to do it, find a partner with those skills, or outsource that work.
- Your mentor can teach you the skills, but only YOU can provide the talent, the passion, the mastery, the plan and the implementation.
- People may inspire you, but no one will motivate you for long; you must motivate yourself…every single day.
That’s it, folks, the “secret” to a successful business. I’ve been a small business owner for 32 years and I know hundreds of other small business owners. And we all say the same thing: there is no silver bullet to building a small business. It takes hard work and dedication.
Amen, sister! And all the people who keep trying to “sell” the magic bullet or promise an easy way to _____, just perpetuate the myth and play on people’s fears and wishes. It’s part of what I appreciate about you. Honest, real, practical. Thank you!
You’re welcome, Meggin. Anyone who has seriously tried to run a successful business knows what it really takes to make it happen.