Is your marketing plan ready for autumn?
Summertime is the best time to map out your strategy for your autumn marketing campaigns to produce incredible results.
Whether you’re launching a brand new product or service, or marketing a perennial offer, don’t fall back into using the same old, tired marketing techniques. Spend some time now to discover which marketing techniques will work best for your autumn campaigns.
Here’s how to get into action:
- Choose your campaign start date. Think about when your customers are likely to be back from summer vacation and plan your first marketing technique to happen AFTER that date.
- Choose an end date. For marketing campaigns that are time-limited (like marketing a new mastermind group, class, or special offer with a deadline), pick the end date of the campaign. For example, say that you are going to offer a special deal on one of your services or products. You might choose to start your marketing campaign on September 7 and end it on September 17 — a ten day campaign.
- Pick your marketing techniques. DO NOT get lazy here and do what you’ve always done (unless what you’ve always done gives you stellar results). Look at the marketing techniques you’ve used in the past, and determine which ones gave you the best results for the time, effort and money you put into them. Discard the rest. Now, pick a new technique you’ve been wanting to try and add it to your marketing mix.
- Get a learning plan together. If you are adding a new marketing technique to the mix, what do you need to learn about that technique? Where will you get training or education about that technique? Schedule time in your calendar in June, July and August to learn the new technique so you can comfortably use it in September.
- Choose a goal for your campaign. What results do you want from the marketing you’re doing? How will you track the results so you know whether it’s working or not?
- Map out your campaign. Which techniques will you use on which dates? What prep work do you need to do over the summer to be ready to launch this campaign?
- Line up your resources. What resources do you need to gather and who needs to be involved? Get your copywriting, graphics, website, brochures done early so that there’s no last minute rush and tension.
If you do these things this summer, imagine how relaxed you’ll feel this autumn when it’s time to launch your campaign. Spending a short amount of time each week over the summer will ensure a successful autumn marketing season.
Hi Karyn, These great tips are wonderful. It’s great to think ahead and plan for the future so that we can prepare for what’s to come. Thanks for sharing this one.
You’re very welcome, Leo. I was thinking yesterday about my OWN marketing plans for autumn and figured others might be, too. 🙂
Wow! Great tips! I really do need to start thinking about my September marketing. I don’t want to wait too long and then feel overwhelmed. Thanks, Karyn, good article.
A friend who worked at the Chamber of Commerce used to say, “You can give a hog calling contest in September and people will respond. They are just that ready to get back to business.” I’m not sure if it’s that easy but the week right after Labor Day is one of the best for B2B marketing. Thanks for the reminder to get ready now.
I think your friend is right, Carolyn. January and September just feel like natural times to get back into the swing of things.