Do you feel like can you can’t teach a webinar because you’re not an expert on the topic?
Or perhaps you don’t have time to put together an hour’s worth of material for a webinar?
Don’t worry! There are plenty of experts out there who you can interview in a webinar. Here’s how you do it:
- Decide what topic you’ll present in the webinar.
- Find an expert who is BOTH qualified to talk about the subject and has good class-leading skills. (If you’re unsure about whether they can perform well on a webinar, ask to watch a recording of a recent webinar where they presented.) You can have more than one expert on a call, but I wouldn’t recommend more than 2 experts on a call because it becomes confusing to the audience.
- Decide up-front if the experts will be allowed to market their products or services on the call. If yes, decide on how many minutes they’ll have to do so. My opinion is that a webinar should be 99% education and only 1% marketing. (No one likes to listen to a “SALESinar” where the expert drones on and on about their products.)
- Come up with a list of interview questions. Since the experts are most likely to know the best interview questions, collaborate with the experts to come up with a good list.
- Schedule the webinar and invite your mailing list. You can ask the experts to invite people from their list as well.
- Hold the webinar and make sure you record it. Some attendees can’t attend the live webinar, but they will be able to watch to the recording later.
- Edit the recording and put it on your website. Inform your mailing list (and the experts’ mailing list) that the recording is now available.
It’s that easy!