Do you spend too much time writing your newsletter each month?
Do your readers actually read it…or is it too long?
These days your customers are time-constrained. There’s always too much to do, too many appointments, too many tasks. Finding time to read your newsletter may be asking too much.
Enter the “60-Second Newsletter” concept.
Imagine that you could promise that your readers can get through your newsletter in 60 seconds or less. How exciting is that? Then they’d read every issue you send out.
Often business owners don’t publish a newsletter because they feel it’s too time-consuming to write full articles, especially if writing is not your passion. But if you committed yourself to writing a micro-newsletter, it’s not too daunting and you can easily find the time and motivation to get it done on a regular basis.
You can do this via your mailing list, or via your blog. Remember, the point of doing a newsletter is to have regular communication with the people who have expressed interest in your products and services. The key word here is “regular” communication, so whichever timeframe you want to send a newsletter (weekly, monthly, quarterly), keep to your schedule. The 60-second newsletter should help you keep on track with regular communications to your customers.
How To Do It
When writing your newsletter, ask yourself, “How can I make this something readable in 60 seconds or less?” Here are some ideas:
- Use bullet points for easy reading
- Create a quick-list of resources
- Give them one simple tip or action item
- Use audio (podcast) instead of a written newsletter
- Teach them how to do one task more efficiently
- Write up an important item from the news
- Give them a piece of advice about handling a specific situation
- Write a “Top 10” list on an interesting topic
- Include a motivational quotation
- Give a link to a longer article
- Suggest a blog you love
Keep a list of ideas for your newsletter. You may be driving to the dentist or taking a shower — and POW, a newsletter idea pops into your head. Write them all down. This list will help shorten the time to create your newsletter, another added bonus!